Monday, February 27, 2012

Lenten Reflection: First Sunday

Read and reflect on the following passage from Psalm 139:23-24...

Search me, O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Far too often we attempt to take on the pressures of everyday life ourselves... and sooner or later, those pressures and anxieties get the best of us. In this passage we not only ask God to peek at what’s on our hearts and minds, but also to test us. And God does test us, everyday, but with His testing comes something great. We come out stronger and more prepared for what’s just down the road and anything else God has in store for us. When we put our full faith and trust in God, He will lead us to an everlasting way of life. Sometimes it just takes a leap of faith, knowing that His loving arms are there to catch you if you fall.

How often do you try to take on the pressures of everyday life yourself? How does it turn out?

Have you ever tried giving all your worries and thoughts to God? How did that turn out?

What is it that you are anxious about right now? How might turning those things over to God benefit you?

Spend some quiet time with God in prayer saying, “God you know me. You know what’s best for me. Do your work in me and lead me where I should go. Amen.”

0 comments: